Call for expressions of interest for a Book Reviews Editor/s for the History of Education Researcher.
After years of committed service, our current Book Reviews Editor, Alice Kirke, wishes to step down from the position. The History of Education Researcher is hence currently issuing a call for expressions of interest from suitably qualified applicants: Book reviews editor_Call for Applications
The duties of the Book Reviews Editor will be to:
- keep abreast of books being published in the field via publishers’ catalogues, email notifications, social media, etc;
- order review copies of relevant books from publishers;
- develop an electronic database of reviewers which can be built upon in subsequent years;
- commission reviews of books received;
- prepare for proof stage the reviews received (consulting with reviewers over queries);
- submit the edited reviews to the journal Editors;
- read and correct the proofs of reviews prepared by the journal Editors;
- consult with the Editors of the journal over matters of editorial policy.
Expressions of interest should be received by 31 January 2019. The intention is to appoint a new editor or editorial team in late January 2019 so that s/he can work with the current editors to achieve a smooth transition in the months leading up to the publication of the May 2019 issue (No 103). The planned timeline is as follow:
- 15 January 2019: deadline to submit expressions of interest;
- 31 January 2019: new Book Reviews Editor/s announced on the History of Education Society website;
- 1 February 2019: beginning of transition process.
Expressions of interest should include:
- a one-page CV, including previous editorial and/or organisational experience
- a brief outline of key ideas on the future direction of the Book Reviews section
and should be sent to the current editors of the HER:
Sue Anderson-Faithful, University of Winchester:
Meritxell Simon-Martin, Roehampton University:
The editors will be happy to discuss with potential applicants their prospects as future Book Reviews editors.
We look forward to working with you!